|My new found bestfriend... (Photo courtesy of trendir.com)|
Three things I hate about morning sickness:
1) The actual sensation - and it's not just in the morning! It’s like I couldn’t survive because all the smells here (the food, the people, etc.) don’t agree with me.
2) Not being able to eat healthy. Since nothing is quite agreeable (including water), then I couldn’t take my required 8 glasses of water to do the least. Then I get all paranoid how Baby will survive with the little amount of nutrition I can take in. But friends say that somehow nature has it’s way of taking care of Baby.
3) People telling me it’s all in the mind. Well, hello? Why would I want to feel this way? I do not want to wish people ill, but what if people tell you it’s all in the mind when you’re really, really sick? It’s annoying and makes me really, really mad. It's interesting though that I've only heard this from guys. My mommy friends would always ask how I'm feeling with that sympathetic look on their faces. Yes, they do understand how it feels.
But amidst the pain of it all, I’ve learned quite a few things:
1) Being the goal-obsessed me, I’ve learned to allow myself to bring down the level of performance I expect of myself and to allow myself to listen to my body and what it needs to do. Rather than continue to push unnecessarily.
2) Allow other people to take care of me. Especially my husband. We both are left with no choice as I cannot do the same things around the house that I used to. Not only does he do things, he does them well (hubby just happens to be an awesome in the kitchen!). I am one lucky wifey.
I still have quite a long way to go (now still on my third month) but I pray everyday that my morning sickness will soon disappear as I start my second trimester. But until that time, I would just have to fortify myself through this and open myself for the learning that lies ahead.