Friday, December 3, 2010

Celebrating 2 Years Together in La Vida Lanka!


Today hubby and I celebrate 2 years as a couple.  We first got together early morning of December 3, 2008 in front of my parents’ house.  It was when he asked me if we could “make it official” as he brought me home after one of our dates.  It never fails to bring a smile to my face when I remember the moment.  If he asked me a day later, I would have killed myself out of anticipation.  Talk about patience.  Haha! 

 
A year later, we celebrated with a trip to breathtaking Batanes, Philippines.  It was one of our dream destinations and we couldn’t have set foot on the island with a better companion than each other.  We “got stuck in paradise” once more – the first one was when we couldn’t leave Bellarocca in Marinduque, Philippines because of strong winds.  This time was because of a botched Seair flight (I will not take them anymore if I can help it).  But at the end of the day, thank God we were able to spend an extra day in paradise, get the chance to buy art and just lounge around in such a beautiful place that is Fundacion Pacita (http://www.fundacionpacita.ph/).   


Today we’re celebrating livin’ la vida Lanka – happily married.  How time flies!  As I was preparing breakfast, a bag of Barefoot goodies greeted me! A surprise gift from hubby!  Hubby gets, well a surprise himself later when he comes home from work ;-) 

In as much as our wedding anniversary trumps our anniversary as boyfriend/girlfriend, I don’t think the latter doesn’t deserve even just a little remembrance or celebration.  It will always be a special day because it paved the way to where we are today.  It is always good remembering that.  And in just 2 short but sweet years, we are in the middle of starting out a new and continuing the love story in la vida Lanka!  

6 comments:

  1. sweet! happy anniv tala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww congrats Mr and Mrs O! You know what's funny? TD and I don't have a bf gf anniv! LOL! We're both SOOOO bad with dates so.... the result is we've no idea when it happened. Wahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diplo Wife!!! Haha! At least it happened right? You two are made for each other - I knew it when I you first introduced The Diplo years back... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that! Good thing I met someone who is like me so no hurt feelings haha! =P Awww seriously? How did you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diplo Wife! I just can't explain it... the dynamics (ok fine too HR-speakish, hmm... Chemistry)? And he's so unlike the guys you've dated in the past :-) Hahaha! You just know... Bestfriends just know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...