Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Interview with the Housewives: Epilogue

Writing this post does not only signal the end of a series of a mini project but the end of a short era for me.  I dived into my fact-finding mission trying to find myself in light of being a housewife.  I was in denial and I thought talking to my fabulous housewife friends would help me embrace my situation a bit more.  I sought out answers, and I got beautiful ones.  I was lost… I had to be… I had to find peace with that… And found myself a bit more grown up (and I would like to think I have “aged” beautifully).

I journeyed through this era with 6 beautiful ladies who opened up a whole new world for me:


Diplomatic Wife: 
As unbelievable as it may seem, there are other aspects to one’s life and passions aside from work. 


Academic Wife: 
Do not be afraid to get lost.


Farmer Wife: 
You don’t need to be a domestic diva for husband to love you – and yes, you can ask him to help out at home as well.


The Real Housewife of New York: 
Financially depending on one’s husband in the greater scheme of things is really about the big act of surrendering.


The Real Housewife of Orange County: 
Being thankful for where you are – wherever that is.

Career Wife: 
“You have to nurture ‘you’ so you can be the best for them.”

Even if that means, at least for now, taking a break from being a full-time housewife and doing the great balancing act of being an awesome wife with a successful career.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. O! I super loved the series and it was definitely a good read with many nuggets of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... thanks Diplo Wife! Thank you for your help in making it a good read :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...